Friday, September 11, 2009

My Original ACEO


ACEO (Art Cards, Editions and Originals), a specific size of artwork that measures 2.5 X 3.5 inches. Very collectible item to keep in an album, or display them on your fridge, group them in a wall montage or display alone. Very flexible art form and a way to inexpensively own original art.

This is one of a kind, an ACRYLIC painting on sturdy 140 lb. watercolor paper. It is titled, signed and dated on the back. It comes in a plastic sleeve for its protection. The painting is actually mounted on a vintage playing card.

This is an original painting, not a print.

I was inspired by wonderful art pottery from the 1940s
art nouveau period.
Clarice Cliff was a famous British artist that created many unusual and beautiful pottery works.
Today her pottery pieces sell for very high prices. I love the look of her art but can't afford her pottery.... so I painted this butterfly inspired by some of her work.
I hope you enjoy this butterfly as much as I do.....

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21375995

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful artwork! Loved your outing going tubing on the river. I haven't been for years!
    Thanks for coming by. Have a great weekend.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete